The purposes of the American Petroleum Professionals of Iranian Heritage (APPIH) scholarship program is to promote excellence in the education of students of Iranian heritage and to honor distinguished Iranian scientists and professional leaders in the oil and gas academia and industry in the U.S. Scholarships will be awarded this year to the selected qualified applicants who are pursuing their graduate study in Ph.D. and M.S. level in petroleum engineering or related disciplines in the USA. The recipients of the 2017 scholarship program will be awarded during the fourth annual meeting of APPIH, to be held on Sunday, October 8, 2017, at Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, in San Antonio, Texas.
- Must be of Iranian descent (one parent must be of Iranian descent).
- Must be enrolled in graduate studies pursuing a Ph.D. or M.S. degree in the field of petroleum engineering (or related disciplines) at an accredited university within the USA.
- Must be a member of APPIH
- The recipient is expected to be present at the awards ceremony to be held at the APPIH annual meeting.
- Scholarship application.
- A current resume. Include a description of Ph.D. or M.S. research area and the list of publications.
- Copies of Master’s and/or undergraduate college transcripts.
- A copy of the transcript for the current field of study for the last two years.
- Two letters of recommendation addressed to the Scholarship Committee at APPIH; one of which must be written by the applicant’s professor in his/her major field of study.
- An essay in English (double-spaced, not to exceed two 8 ½ x 11 pages) demonstrating strong desire to pursue a leadership role in his/her field of study and indicating specific plans on how to become a contributor to the petroleum industry and the Iranian-American professional communities.
How to apply and submission deadline
Please start the process by completing the “Application Form”.
The required documents, listed above, must be received by APPIH no later than August 1, 2017. All documents, in digital (PDF) format, must be emailed to APPIHScholarship@gmail.com.
Click here for the pdf file.